Kick off the morning right with our mouth-watering blueberry muffin recipe.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Servings: 12 muffins
- 1 tin Otherworld Original pancake mix
- ⅔ cup coconut sugar
- 3 tablespoons ground flaxseed + ½ cup water
- 1 ½ cups oat milk
- ½ cup vegan butter, melted
- 1 tbs vanilla extract
- 1c fresh blueberries
- Extra coconut sugar for topping
- Optional lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a muffin tin with 12 papers.
- Mix flax meal with 1/2 cup of water and let sit until gelled, about 5 minutes
- Combine coconut sugar and pancake mix and make a well.
- In a separate medium bowl, whisk together flax eggs and melted butter until emulsified. Whisk in oat milk and vanilla until well combined.
- Add wet ingredients to dry and using a spatula, mix together until just combined, taking care not to over-mix.
- Fold in blueberries and lemon zest.
- Fill muffin papers all the way to the top and bake for 23-27 minutes, until muffins are just turning golden and a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Let cool in the tin for a couple minutes before moving muffins to rack to cool completely.