Apple Cinnamon Pancakes with Pear & Blackberry
Made by simply simmering fresh fruit until it’s soft and juicy, compotes are great for the mornings when you want to swap maple syrup for something a little less sweet. Our Apple Cinnamon Pancake Mix pairs perfectly with a quick pear and blackberry compote and a dollop of lightly sweetened vegan yogurt.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Servings: 8 x 4” Pancakes
For the waffles:
- ⅔ cup otherworld Apple Cinnamon pancake & waffle mix
- ⅔ cup water
For the compote:
- 1 pear, cored and sliced into ½ “ chunks
- 3/4 cup frozen blackberries
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp water
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp molasses (use blackstrap molasses for the deepest flavor)
For the yogurt:
- 1/2 cup unsweetened vegan yogurt
- 2 tsp agave syrup
- In a small sauce pot, combine the pears, blackberries, vanilla extract, water, and pinch of salt. Cover the mixture and let it simmer over medium-low heat until the pears are soft and the blackberries have released their juices, about 10 minutes. Remove the lid and stir in the molasses. Let the mixture cool while you make the pancakes.
- In a small bowl, combine the yogurt and agave syrup.
- Cook the pancakes according to package directions. Top with a generous spoonful of compote and yogurt.